1. Minimum Capital Requirements:
- $900,000 investment in a new business: 95% of EB-5 applicants invest through the Regional Center Program at the $900,000 level
- $1 million option available for EB-5 direct option (~5% of market):
- Minimum investment amounts have not changed since 1990. The minimum investment amount could change in the future.
- U.S. Green card program currently requires a minimum investment that is less than other countries with similar programs.
2. New U.S. Jobs Requirements:
- Create or preserve at least ten (10) full-time jobs for American workers
3. “At Risk” Investment:
- Investment must be “At Risk” (i.e. fully invested in the project, fund or new company) for the duration of the investor’s conditional residency period
- Per U.S. law, the EB-5 investor cannot be offered any guaranteed return on or of principal nor possess any redemption rights
4. Legally Sourced Investment:
Acceptable options include (but are not limited to):