LCR Capital Partners is proud to announce that it has brought EQTY Capital’s new Portuguese real estate fund onto its investment platform. EQTY Capital is led by an all-star team that brings a global perspective to property fund management. Their new fund meets the requirements of the Portuguese Golden Visa program which allows investors to obtain residency and citizenship.
The Portugal Golden Visa Program is the fastest and simplest way to provide foreign investors the right to reside in Portugal/European Union and opens a gateway to get Portuguese Citizenship for themselves and their families. The main benefits of the program are the fast processing and minimal requirements for residency.
“EQTY Capital is a great fund manager because they choose diversified property portfolios delivered by developers with a strong reputation for delivering excellence,” said Sherman Baldwin, CEO of LCR Capital Partners. “LCR is excited to be working with EQTY Capital for the Portuguese Golden Visa (PGV) program. We believe the EQTY team has set a benchmark with this diversified offering, where an investment across an impressive portfolio qualifies for the PGV at €350,000 through the end of 2021.”
The Portuguese property market has been performing well and continues to offer attractive investment opportunities. The fund provides access to a select and diverse portfolio from Portugal’s leading Real Estate Developers, all with reputations of delivering exceptional properties.
“At EQTY, we appreciate partners who have a real understanding of family legacy planning, including those exploring secondary residency. LCR has a world-class, global team who speak to internationally-minded families daily and we look forward to helping those families achieve their goals” , said Garth Martin, Shareholder and Board Member of EQTY.
Benefits of the fund Investment versus direct ownership:
- In almost all scenarios Funds are more tax efficient. Direct ownership entails numerous taxes from acquisition, rental and eventual sale. Funds are exempt from many of these taxes.
- The Fund market is a highly regulated one. This makes funds more secure and offers foreign investors peace of mind as the fund manager, Custodian Bank and Portuguese Securities Market Commission (regulator) supervises all their activity.
- Simple and low maintenance. Holding property directly means dealing with numerous fees, tenants, repairs, building insurance, fiscal representation, mortgages, and the conveyancing process.
- Diversification across several investments, asset classes, and geography including investments outside Portugal (up to 40%).
- No complicated and costly sales process is required.
- Compelling returns as compared to traditional options for Portuguese Golden Visa investments.
The investment threshold for investing into a Fund that qualifies for the Golden Visa is €350,000, however, this is due to change to €500,000 on January 1st 2022.