Effective November 21st, 2019
The final regulation overhauling the EB-5 immigrant investor program was released earlier today and increases the minimum investment amount required to obtain U.S. green card via investment for the first time in nearly 30 years. The minimums, currently at $500,000 and $1 million, will rise to $900,000 and $1.8 million when the regulation becomes effective November 21st, 2019.
Important Highlights from New EB-5 Regulations:
- Increase in the minimum TEA investment threshold from $500K to $900K
- Increase in the minimum non-TEA investment threshold from $1M to $1.8M
- TEA’s will now be centrally designated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Effective Date: November 21, 2019 (Any I-526 petitions filed before this date will be grandfathered under the current rules and lower investment amount of $500K.)
- Additional information:
- Bloomberg Law | “Immigrant Investors to Pay at Least $900,000 for Green Cards”
- Click HERE to review the new EB-5 regulations
To help prospective clients efficiently gain a comprehensive understanding of the EB-5 program (requirements, process, benefits, costs, and timelines) in a structured and process-oriented manner enabling them to potentially invest in one of our firm’s USCIS-approved EB-5 offerings before the effective date, LCR is providing a select group of qualified investors with customized EB-5 service plans designed to enable them efficiently complete the 9 critical steps involved in a successful EB-5 application process and to do so in a timely and structured fashion (based on the investor and their family’s personal needs, requirements and travel schedules.)
Complimentary Services included in an LCR 60 Day EB-5 Service Plan will include:
- Preliminary SOF assessment to determine an ideal/preferred SOF strategy
- Introductions to experienced U.S. EB-5 immigration law firms for you to validate what you’ve learned so far and to answer any additional immigration or SOF-related questions
- Project-specific due diligence support including review of confidential investment documents, customized project selection checklist, and a complementary project site visit to Dallas, Texas (if availability permits).
- Compare the relative merits of LCR’s current EB-5 project, HALL Arts II Fund LP versus other projects in the marketplace across 40+ independent, due diligence criteria which prospective investors should consider before selecting the project which best meets their requirements
- Unlimited access and support from LCR’s client service team for up to 60 days
In order to proceed, please click HERE to review the 1-page Activation Form, and send the completed form back to my attention via email
- Alternatively, you can fill out the activation form online as well: activation form
Upon receipt, LCR’s Commercial and Client Services team will begin delivering a “one-stop-shop” of EB-5 concierge services including a highly-efficient and customized service plan which should enable you to formally evaluate whether the EB-5 program is right for you and if so, how best to complete the process before the new EB-5 regulations become effective.